Gosh, it’s been a hectic start to the month so far! Lots of things have been up in the air, time has been quite scare and I’ve been so tired I’ve really neglected everything but work. I’ve got a pile of draft posts that are almost ready to upload – some just need an introduction, some need fancy pictures taking and some just need finishing in general. I was really pleased when Maroon tagged me in The Liebster Award – tags like this are excellent for giving you that little jump-start you need!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Thanks to Maroon!
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
- Do you ever worry?
All of the time, apparently.– Matt says I worry a lot but I think I go through very distinct phases of worrying too much and not worrying enough. I’m all or nothing.
- What are you most grateful for?
I’ve been able to spend a lot of time with my family recently. My mum bought a new car, with seven seats, so we could all go out together and it’s lead to some really nice day-trips around the North West.
- Do you have a favorite manga/anime?
I’m a big fan of Shaman King and CardCaptor Sakura. If I was forced to decide between the two I think I’d nudge more toward Shaman King, but there really isn’t much in it.
- How about a favorite game?
I can never pick a favourite game. Whatever game I’m playing at the point becomes my favourite game. At the moment, it’s Horizon Zero Dawn, but I’m on the final quest and I want to finish it with Matt, so I’ve stopped playing it and I’m starting FF9. Next week, FF9 will probably be my favourite game.
- Cartoon? What’s your favorite cartoon?
Rick and Morty. It took me a long time to start watching it, and a long time to get into it because Rick’s burping is disgusting – but once you’ve got over that, it’s a fantastic series.
- What are you most looking forward to right now?
Gosh, what a hard question. I think I’m most looking forward to Matt coming home. He’s been away on tour with Dirty Dancing for over a year now. He has two weeks left, and then the tour finishes in Liverpool. I finish my show the same as he finishes his, so that’ll be lovely!
- What kind of kid were you?
I was boring, really. I was a goody-two-shoes. I didn’t like getting into trouble, I always wanted to answer every question in school. I wish I’d ben able to balance out school and social life, I spent too many hours on a computer and not enough hours making friends!
- What’s the last thing you read?
I started reading Six of Crows yesterday, but I fell asleep reading it so I don’t remember any of it. I feel like I haven’t read a book in a long time!
- Is your room messy or clean?
For the most part, it’s clean. I was sorting my washing into colours so there are dirty clothes on the floor – but they’re there so I can clean them! I live in quite a small flat, so you have to keep everything clean and tidy otherwise the whole flat looks a mess. A few used cups and some clothes on the floor ruin it!
- If you could do one thing right now, what would it be?
I’m having trouble writing a personal statement for an application right now. I realise I could ask for the power to do anything, but this personal statement is really driving me mad. I’d like to be able to finish that.
- How many pets do you have?
I have 2 gerbils called Rocky (after Rocky Balboa, my second favourite fictional character) and Momo (after Aang’s lemur in Avatar, The Last AIrbender). Momo is very clever and active, while Rocky is a little more timid and lazy.
My 11 Facts
- I was left handed when I was born. Over the years, I swapped to my right.
- Myself, my dad, my sister and my brother have all won awards for chess.
- I have an overwhelming fear of stickers. I’ve got a bit better with it over time, as I have to use tape in work, but I hate sticky residue, and I hate it when bits of dust and fluff stick to the sticky residue.
- I also have a fear / hatred of most condiments. I hate ketchup, brown sauce, salsa, mayonnaise, salad cream, potato salad, coldslaw and my biggest hatred is balsamic dressing on salad. Even handing their containers makes me tense up.
- I once came second in a competition to meet David Tennant on the set of Doctor Who through the BBC. Second prize was nothing….
- I once won a Harry Potter writing competition to celebrate the release of Half Blood Prince. You had to write your own chapter of a Harry Potter book. Most entries were 2/3 sides of A4 but mine was 27 pages.
- I am allergic to any animal that licks itself but my biggest trigger seems to be dogs, which is a shame because I love them.
- I have mild Raynaud’s Syndrome, which causes my fingers to turn white with purple and pink spots. It’s a bit uncomfortable, but in day-to-day life I barely notice it.
- My most listened to song of 2016 was Zombie by The Cranberries.
- I’ve been part of three World Records, but they were all done through my primary school and I can’t remember any of them. I wonder if they’ve been broken since?
- I haven’t broken a finger in year – this is a huge achievement for me.
- If you had to write a soundtrack for your life, which song would you pick for right now?
- What was your last impulse buy?
- Do you wear slippers in your house, or go barefoot?
- Put your hand in your bag – what’s the first item you’ve pulled out of it?
- Would you like to go on a gameshow?
- If you could live in any TV apartment, which one would it be?
- What phrase / saying do you use the most?
- How do you organise your bookshelf?
- What is your oldest possession?
- Are you fight or flight?
- What was the last food you ate? Did you enjoy it?